Paralysed kitten is walking again

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Mimi the cat

Paralysed kitten is walking again

Post by Mimi the cat »

Hello to all sweet people and their pets here, i just registerd to this website now to tell you my story with mimi the stray kitten i found two months back in the street in damascus in syria, i want to tell this story to give hope and help all pets owners who have paralysed cat or dog because our story is success and i got alot of information which helped me from this site...this kitten i named mimi was hit by car or something i dont know but i found her paralysed under car she couldnt move her back legs and she was very dirty she made poo on herself i dont know since when but her hair was full of dirt and she was not friendly at all because she was scared and she was not cooperating at all, we managed to put her in cartoon very gently because we thought her back is broken because it looked so, we took her to vet and he told us its hopless case and she wont walk again and same time he refused to put her to sleep, we asked him is there any 1% chance she could walk, he said try with her she might have a chance because she is young about four months old, so here we started the journey with her and i will tell you what we did exactly that noe she is walking, first thing my sister said we will call her (Amal) which means HOPE in arabic and the nickname is mimi, we took her home and we gave her good bath and cleaned her from all dirt and we feeded her chiken meat and bones (bones helped her alot ) we gave her the head of the chiken so the bones were small and she could chew them easily so this was her main meal daily, chicken heads and the thick chicken soup and also we boiled fish for her and feeded her and these food were very good for her, and we went to the pharmacy and brough vitamine B supplement for infants and started giving her one tablet of this vitamine daily and i gave her betamthasone injection for five days (to reduce and swelling on her spinal cord if there is any) so these were her medicine and food now the most important part of all is the physical therapy and massage we did for her, i will explain it so you could understand how it helped (by the way till this moment i dont know if her back is broken or her hip because i douldnt do xray for her or tKe her to the vet again due to the bad situation is syria) anyway...we started massaging her both legs daily and rubbing them and makeing bycicle move to both of them and after few days of the accident mimi started mving her legs slightly and it looked like reflex not intended movement but we kept the hope and continoued what we were doing and in two weeks time she started moving her legs more and she could respond to pain when i pinch her but the right leg was stronger and then i started water therapy (humble one) i just filled warm water in big container and put mimi n it and she would mover her legs in the water by herself , we did all these things with no fail for two months and today mimi walked three steps on her own as she was chasing a bee who was trying to share her chinken in the balcony where mim sit in the sun :) sun was very good for her legs too bynthe way...when i saw her walking three steps i got excited and happy and wanted to register here to thank this forum which gave me alot of useful info and to give hope to others...regards from mimi and me :)))
critters
Founding Member

Re: Paralysed kitten is walking again

Post by critters »

:slant: Congratulations on saving Mimi! :trophy:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

What a wonderful story! Seeing a pet begin to walk again is the most exciting thing in the world. It will be so exciting to watch as she continues to improve. She is a very very lucky cat because of you.

Mimi the cat

Post by Mimi the cat »

CarolC wrote:What a wonderful story! Seeing a pet begin to walk again is the most exciting thing in the world. It will be so exciting to watch as she continues to improve. She is a very very lucky cat because of you.

Yes its very exciting and makes me happy when i whatch her improving after having hard times and alot of tears in the first few days when i first saw herndragging her legs, it broke my heart but now im sooooo happy for mimi and i discoverd that there are happy endings in life :wub:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Hi again! :D The owner of the HandicappedPets website, Mark Robinson, is interested in doing an special article about Mimi. Would it be OK with you? Do you have any pictures of her that he could put in the article?
Mimi the cat

Post by Mimi the cat »

Hi carol, ofcourse we dont mind doingthe article of mimi, your are most welcome, in deed we own you a favor because you are the one who helped us to save mimi with your informative website...i do have pictures of mimi but in her first few days when her case was misrable we didnt take any picture because the sitaution was total mess, but now i have few pictures of her, but i dont know know how to upload them here, would you like me to email them to you, if yes, please send me your email and its my pleasure to do so.... :D
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Mimi will be famous! :mrgreen:
Mimi the cat

Post by Mimi the cat »

Yes mimi will be famouse :lol: i love her so much now i became attached to her, but im planning to find her good place to stay in where she can play with other cats...i wont let her living on balcony forever but im just waiting her to fully recover 100% and then i will transfer her to better place so she enjoy her life as normal cat
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

This link will show how to upload a photo. If your photos are too big, I can give you my email address if you want to just email them.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6764

:thankyou:
Mimi the cat

Post by Mimi the cat »

CarolC wrote:This link will show how to upload a photo. If your photos are too big, I can give you my email address if you want to just email them.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6764

:thankyou:
hi carol, i tried to follow the steps of uploading photos but i failed because im using ipad not laptop, i prefer to email the photos to you if you please give me your email :thankyou:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

OK, please check in your private messages (in the top left corner of the screen). thanks again!
Mimi the cat

Post by Mimi the cat »

CarolC wrote:OK, please check in your private messages (in the top left corner of the screen). thanks again!
Hello carol, i emailed you three pictures of mimi, i hope you like them :roll:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Here we go! She's pretty!! :wub:
Mimis_photo_sm.PNG
another_photo_of_Mimi_sm.PNG
Mimi_image_sm.PNG
Mimi_hiding_inside_red_carpet_sm.PNG
Mimi the cat

Post by Mimi the cat »

Thanks for putting her photos , she is so sweet and at the same time she is a fighter...today mornng she was walking more steadily, her steps were more stable and less shaking...but i stopped the water therapy for her because the weather is colder now and she hate to be dryed with hair dryer because of its noise....i hope to see her jumping one day like other cats :angel:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

What good pictures!! :wub: