Dog with meningitis who is partially paralyzed.

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
1956gritsgal

Dog with meningitis who is partially paralyzed.

Post by 1956gritsgal »

I have one of my dogs who has meningitis/encephalitis we are battling. I've posted the same here as I did on someone else's post. I have 5 dogs. 4 beagles and 1 pit bull. One of my beagles has meningitis/encephalitis and have no idea how he got it. He is in a pretty bad way right now. He is "knuckling" his back right leg and occasionally his front right is weak. I'm working with him and giving a bit of stretching exercises and massage to keep the legs from getting stiff and muscle atrophy. I put his feet in correct position and he will take a few steps. Because of illness he walks in a circle then take a step or two and walk in a circle several times. Circling is the worst because turning around just makes the feet twist up and he falls. I'm considering one of the walkers later on down the road if he survives this. I'm not giving up hope and doing everything I can to support him. I have a severely handicapped son who is 35 years old and he still lives with us after we were told several times he wasn't going to live after infancy then childhood and then to adulthood. That's because we worked hard and never gave up. After 6000.00 and probably more as time goes on I'm still with Rascal and as long as he is trying then I'll do or die. Do you know if the chair can be adjusted where he could still bear weight but give him support so he can still work on standing and walking? As all of you know it's really heartbreaking to see our "babies" suffer.