URGENT: HELP AND HOPE NEEDED FOR HOPE

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
UnlikelyFelineLove

URGENT: HELP AND HOPE NEEDED FOR HOPE

Post by UnlikelyFelineLove »

Hello everyone

I have already received a lot of help from this forum earlier simply by reading but now I'm in dire need of help and some hope which is why I'm making this post.

In October, we rescues a kitten named Hope who had bite trauma on her back. The vet was told by an xray that it's a C7-T2 vertebral dislocation with possible spinal cord damage but his prognosis was guarded and he advised rest with medications till she was better. She was lying on her side, she couldn't pee on her own, she could poop fine and she had some breathing difficulties. She was put on Amoxicillin, Duphalac and Deriphylline whenever needed. We fed her Royal Canin Kitten Instinctive and eliminated her quite frequently.

On the next visit, he added Gabapin for pain and Hepamust for a slight liver enlargement but his prognosis remained guarded. We also started Homeopathic medicines and Rescue remedy as a part of her medications. Her activity levels were increasing so we thought we were doing well.

Recently, her appetite levels increased a lot(from 1.5 spoons per meal to 4-5 spoons per meal), she began peeing on her own if her bladder became too full and in general seemed happier and could express her voice clearly whereas earlier she could hardly vocalise.

Today, on her third visit to the vet, we are told that her hind limbs have no deep pain sensations and the paws have contractures, her fore limbs have spasticity with contractures and apparently she still has no urinary sphincter control. Her vision is fine. He further said that it seems that has a progressive degenerative myelopathy, myelingomalacia or myelitis which can only be confirmed on an MRI. He says that since the condition is currently spreading downwards, it can even spread upwards to her brain. His best suggestion is to euthanise her because she is too young to be operated on( she might be around 8-10 weeks). We don't want Hope to suffer anymore than she has already has BUT we want to make sure that we have done everything we could have done and that there was absolutely no chance. I wish to know if any of you have seen similar cases or what is your opinion about Hope.
We love her and we are not ready to give up on her at all because she has fought so well so far. Please do let me know at the earliest.

Here are the recent reports:
IMG-20161128-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20161128-WA0000.jpg