Herniated disc no dps

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
rick45

Re: Herniated disc no dps

Post by rick45 »

Hi not been on for a while but here is an update on poppy we are on week 6 now still no deep pain
We have bought her a cart from walkin wheels and we will take her to the park later my wife also uses a scarf under her back legs to get her around
There is one thing I've noticed when I tap poppy's tail with my foot it briefly wags also when I massage poppy's back legs they stretch out also when I scratch one foot the other twitches I don't know what this means is this a sign of sensation returning?
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I don't know if it means that DPS is coming back, but it certainly means that her spinal cord is getting better. If the cord is severed, for instance, there will probably be nothing. Congrats!
rick45

Post by rick45 »

Hi the cord wasn't severed but extremely bruised so there has to be some hope
In herself she seems happy and taking it in her stride
rick45

Post by rick45 »

Quick update
Poppy's tail is wagging more I've also been tickling her back feet and this morning it responded with a twitch/ slight pull away
Also this evening I've pinched her toes and she pulled foot away and lastly she seems to be stronger when she sits up !
Please let this be a good sign
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

All of that is QUITE good! If you ask me, with spinal cord injuries, ANY movement is a good thing.