Tucker the wonder dog.FCE

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
penny1960

Tucker the wonder dog.FCE

Post by penny1960 »

This is my first time posting so please bare with me. I would like to say thank you in advance, But I need advice.
Ok I have a recused Pit-bull/Lab. Took me 3 months to catch him, Wild as a buck. Some one thrown
him out into the woods, and he was little, so I recused him. He is now the wonder dog, as in what has he got into now.
Has tore everything up from a 900 dollar couch, to my flower beds.
So about 6 months ago I was told he has FCE. He was paralyzed from his back to his back feet. It took me and my sister 3 months
of Physical Therapy just so he can walk, he still falls down a lot but he gets right back up. He is really as good as he's going to get,
But its all good, I am the lucky one. So here is my problem. Tucker pee pee's he cant raise his back leg to pee, so he pee's on his side and chest.
He has to squat to pee. Problem its starting to cause skin issue's. Scald I clean him everyday and antibiotic cream but its not helping.
And its getting winter he is outside dog. Any advise please I wanted to make him a Pee wrap but he will tare it off.

Thanks everybody.
Penny
critters
Founding Member

Re: Tucker the wonder dog.FCE

Post by critters »

:strobe: How about a skin barrier, like Cavilon spray? Depending on how heavy the hair is in the places you are talking about you might need to shave those spots. That helps the spray to stick well to the skin, plus you don't have the hair soaking up pee. Each use should last at least several days. If you can't get something like that, maybe you can try diaper cream. I would cover diaper cream with something because it can be poisonous if licked. That might get the skin healed.

So he's had the FCE 6 months? If so, he may still improve some. They can get better for a long time, but improvement slows down.
penny1960

Re: Tucker the wonder dog.FCE

Post by penny1960 »

Thanks Critters, Tuckers hair is short, its the places that the pee pee hits. Its his side and in between his front legs.
He has about 75% of his back legs back, and his tail wag's. He doesn't know when he has to poop it just comes out, where every he is.
I will try a maybe Vaseline maybe first. And if that don't work I will try the diaper cream, he does lick a lot.
And again thank you