Cerebellar hypoplasia

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
critters
Founding Member

Re: Cerebellar hypoplasia

Post by critters »

I'd be very, very careful with vet wrap, as it's easy to make it too tight.

Baby was severe, motor-wise, but she was a flaming genius. Baby Boy, well, not nearly so much. :lol:

PS--Baby Boy is a permakitten, too, but he's not quite as small as Baby was. Your baby will probably be small, too.

BTW, do you know about the CH club? Doggers are allowed, too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/CHKittyClub/

Baby liked to travel, too.
cathycorwin4

Post by cathycorwin4 »

I did not know about a ch club. How do I find that? I do not think Bear will get much bigger. So I guess he's a "permapup"? Lol! I'm good with that. At 8.5 oz I wonder if he is the smallest dog in the world for his age. We tried water therapy yesterday. I think it will help him immensely. I just need to fashion a safety device to hold his mouth and nose up. I think holding him under his chest hinders his ability to move.
cathycorwin4

Post by cathycorwin4 »

Duh, sorry. Did not realize you attached link for the club. Thanks!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

cathycorwin4 wrote:I did not know about a ch club. How do I find that? I do not think Bear will get much bigger. So I guess he's a "permapup"? Lol! I'm good with that. At 8.5 oz I wonder if he is the smallest dog in the world for his age. We tried water therapy yesterday. I think it will help him immensely. I just need to fashion a safety device to hold his mouth and nose up. I think holding him under his chest hinders his ability to move.
Yes, I expect he'll be a permapup. :lol: I agree about preferring not to hold him; I thought, too, that it rather defeated the purpose of independent motion.