New to site. Spinal injury, paralysis dog

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
CarolC

Re: New to site. Spinal injury, paralysis dog

Post by CarolC »

There's nothing more exciting than seeing them start to walk, and I don't care WHAT it looks like! :yay:
Jenna123

Post by Jenna123 »

I agree, it's definitely a unique style but it's amazing, I can't stop recording her!! :hearts:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

That sounds like pretty typical neuro walking. Mine always did a neuro sit, too--with their legs out straight, like a doll's.
Jenna123

Post by Jenna123 »

Yes she does that too! It's just so strange that it has happened over night, now there's no stopping her!
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

That's terrific. Doll sitting always makes me smile a bit. :D
Lynne54

Post by Lynne54 »

Jenna, I am so happy for you and Peppa! It is fantastic when our fur babies take off. Please be careful of the leg swinging hitting the wall or objects. Our Kona would not slow down and hit our end table and broke that paw. :( We have put cushions on the end tables and coffee tables so it will cushion her paw when she hits it. She also wears one dog boot for walking outside to protect that paw as well.

I love the neuro sit! She looks so silly sitting that way, but I love how she is able to sit on her own.
vera

Post by vera »

Hello All,

I am new here with my dog Gemma, she is a Boston Terrier( Terror..Lol)with ANNPE and it is now 3 weeks and she is starting physical, laser and hydrotherapy this weeks. She stood up yesterday and drank water, but I don't think it was a command from her brain, more like a reflex. No surgery, crate rest, medication and conservative treatment. She was on prednisone and tramadol, but have completed them and is not on anything anymore. She thinks she can do whatever she wants like before and wants to drag herself (fast) all over the place. I am exhausted, lol. No DPS, thought when the event first stared they said she did have DPS. Please let me know what you are doing and handling this. I must admit I am overwhelmed, but nothing is to much for my baby girl.