Sudden increase in movement ANNPE dog

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Jenna123

Sudden increase in movement ANNPE dog

Post by Jenna123 »

My dog Peppa had an acute herniated disc nearly 6 months ago and although has made some progress suddenly has been taking steps, she has just been put on steroids for allegy/chronic itching I was wondering if this has been the key to sudden huge progress and willingness to try and walk? Has anyone else experienced this, she has not taken any steroids prior to this weekend.

Thanks
Jenna
CarolC

Re: Sudden increase in movement ANNPE dog

Post by CarolC »

I don't know, I wonder what the vet would say about that. It seems like it's been a while since her injury, but it's an interesting coincidence...

My dog was starting to show improvement at the 5-6 month point, too. It was 5 1/2 months when I was first able to get her completely expressed with one squeeze. Maybe your dog is getting to the point where all the gradual improvement that's been going on in the background is starting to show.
:trophy:
Jenna123

Re: Sudden increase in movement ANNPE dog

Post by Jenna123 »

Hi, I haven't posted in a while as I was having problems logging on. Testing with this one