Wobble in rear legs after IVDD

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Grrretl

Re: Wobble in rear legs after IVDD

Post by Grrretl »

CarolC,

Will let you know what develops. Made an appointment for a water therapy evaluation on 22 October.

I've had a total of 10 wieners, started with 1, then had 2, then had 3, and now have 4. I do not know how much longer my 16.5 year old piebald will keep on chugging, but, when he leaves us, I will stay at 3. I hope! :mrgreen:

Have a great Fall season!! You will hear from me after the evaluation.

Grrretl

Post by Grrretl »

Hello!!!

Just want to update the status of Peanut.

He started hydrotherapy on 22October19, and is now on his 4th treatment. He is up to doing about 10 minutes in the underwater treadmill. Also he gets some laser therapy, as well as Range of Motion exercises.

When he goes out in the back yard, his walking has really improved. He used to take a few steps and then plop on the ground, but that does not happen very often. He still has some wobble, but, he has even tried to chase a squirrel with the other wieners. He is the last one to arrive. The squirrel is long gone. It doesn't matter, though.

He has 6 more treatments to go, the last one on 23December19 (weather permitting).

Hope you all have a great day of Thanksgiving!! I will give thanks for having the little Peanut as part of my life. :angel:

critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:thankyou: This i great! :hurray:
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

That sounds really good! It's great to hear he's been improving so well. You know, recovery continues not only for weeks or months, but years literally. He will continue to improve in little ways for a long time. Glad it has worked out for you guys!

Congratulations and Happy Thanksgiving to Peanut and his family!!! :trophy:

:hurray: :snoopy: :clap: :applaud: :dancing: :bounce: