New to FCE - any information helps

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Corandmel

New to FCE - any information helps

Post by Corandmel »

Hello, we got back from the vet today with a diagnosis of FCE, through X-ray and ct scans. The incident occurred two days ago at the park, when my dog Knox turned to chase a ball and dropped to the ground screaming in pain. He calmed down after a few minutes but he could not move his hind legs or tail. He is a 101 lb husky/lab mix beautiful dog. We rushed him to an emergency vet, and that day where they suggested a ct from another vet which we brought him to yesterday. The vet had used a catheter to empty his bladder, but my dog has not pooped since right before his incident 2 days ago. Since he has been home he has not gone to the bathroom . Pee or poop. We have a good harness for him and have walked him around our yard many times, but nothing yet. He is a very well trained dog and would typically only go poop on our walks through the woods. I will be calling the vet in the morning, it is now 3 am and we just did our most recent lap around the yard.

I am simply looking for any advice from pet parents who have been through FCE with their own dog on toiletting or any other tips or information they have found helped them through this difficult time. We are here for our beloved pup and want him as comfortable as possible while we attempt his rehabilitation. But we are new to FCE and information is kind of all over. I hope to learn through your experiences. Thanking you all in advance!
Attachments
3192A774-D275-43FC-A8E0-A3D62CE4F32E.jpeg
critters
Founding Member

Re: New to FCE - any information helps

Post by critters »

:whale: What a handsome fella!

I know CarolC has been helping y'all on the other thread, and I don't have anything to add to that yet.
Corandmel

Re: New to FCE - any information helps

Post by Corandmel »

After six days, Knox actually had his first bowel movement And we are so very excited! Hoping it continues. Thank you!