Boots with wheels...Roller boots?

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
CarolC

Boots with wheels...Roller boots?

Post by CarolC »

I saw this among the photos on the HandicappedPets Facebook page where you vote for the 2021 calendar contest. Look at the boots on his front paws. They have wheels!

I haven't found who sells them yet. Or they may have been some no-knuckle boots that were adapted by adding wheels, but if so, it looks professional like they were made that way.

ROLLERBOOTS.jpg
critters
Founding Member

Re: Boots with wheels...Roller boots?

Post by critters »

Hmmm. So I guess that's supposed to make it so a human can push the pupper in the cart? If I were dealing with a quadriplegic I'd just find a way to sling the arms up like the legs. I think it'd be a lot easier. The tiny wheels on the boots wouldn't travel over anything bigger than, like, sand! An A grade for creativity, though.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Yeah, I can't quite figure it out either. The axels are so thin that it seems like they might bend easily, but it must be working and solving a problem. So interesting. I wish the family could be here to explain it, because this might be a solution to a problem some people encounter, and it might be brilliant.
FYI

Post by FYI »

critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Interesting, but I can't imagine those tiny wheels working on grass, etc...
Frannyjo

Post by Frannyjo »

Hi I'm new here to this site & this is my first post. I think your right about the wheels. I just don't see how they would help him propel forward. If the feet were able to touch the ground to get traction then yes absolutely GO GO GO DOGGY GO, but I just see the wheels spinning & not being very helpful at all. It's just my opinion & of course everyone's got there's too. But I feel the dog needs to be able to get traction & spinning wheels are not traction. It would be better if they let the dogs back legs down & put them on his back legs, rather strapped up. Again just my observation & opinion. I hope to God my thoughts don't ruffle any feathers ever, I mean no harm. Peace to all
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

:gang: FRANNYJO!
coxmaria3

Post by coxmaria3 »

:gang:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »