ANNPE/dog couldn’t walk

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Sfryberger

ANNPE/dog couldn’t walk

Post by Sfryberger »

I came on this site 2 weeks to find some hope. My 4 year old lab/pit was playing with another dog and simply collapsed. Long story-she was diagnosed with ANNPE. Our vet was not very hopeful but we started laser therapy the next day and hydrotherapy within a week. We were told that if she didn’t walk in 2 weeks she most likely would never. She wasn’t a good candidate for a cart because it affected her whole left side. At exactly two weeks she started to be able to stand while we held her harness. Then the the next day she walked a few steps assisted. Now 2 weeks and 4 days she can walk around the block while we aid in balance by holding onto her harness. We are continuing the laser and hydrotherapy and do range of motions exercises twice daily. I wanted to post this in case anyone out there is on day one of this and offer hope. Peace.
FYI

Re: ANNPE/dog couldn’t walk

Post by FYI »

:gang:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

:whale:
Meladjusted99

Post by Meladjusted99 »

That's wonderful to hear. We've just got a diagnosis and along the way its been clear that there is still a lack of understanding in the field of prognosis. Thankfully everyone we've seen has said its just time for our girl. Left side paralysis but deep pain so we are hopeful.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

:group: