The dreaded coyote attack

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
critters
Founding Member

Re: The dreaded coyote attack

Post by critters »

Humans ARE enucleated; my mom is one of them. Humans typically have a prosthetic eye custom-made, though, so it doesn't scream that there's no eye. She's not even the first enucleated human I've known.
pioneerMan

Post by pioneerMan »

Just checking in with another update. Sandy has healed after having her eyes removed and is flourishing in her new foster home. There are other animals there that serve has her new family, and they get along great. Here is a photo, and then two links for short videos.
noEyes.jpg

Feeding:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nq9oqann ... g.mp4/file

Playing:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6bi15pun ... g.mp4/file

It's good to know Sandy has a second chance at life.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

This is the best news!!! :yay:

I could just watch her clean up her plate over and over and over! I remember the struggle to get food into her and not knowing if she would ever be able to eat normally again. She was starting to eat a little better right before you found the rescue, but I thought there was a good chance she might be an assisted feeding cat for the rest of her life. Obviously not! :D She does it all herself. It is a joy to watch. And then seeing her playing like that. She's put on weight, she's fast and agile and happy! You wouldn't know from the playing video that she was blind. Wow!

This has turned out better than I would have expected. In the range of how it might turn out, this is about as good as could have been imagined! You can feel good about this for the rest of your life. I kept checking the rescue website to see if she was listed yet and had no idea how she was doing. Thanks for sharing! She was a very fortunate cat that you went out and found her, knew how to doctor cats, took care of her, and found such a great rescue. I am so glad this one has such a happy ending!

I hope you are doing well and everything else is going OK. Thank you for the update!!!!
:thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

Aww, she's beautiful!! :wub: