Battery operated hoist for a large dog

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
CarolC

Battery operated hoist for a large dog

Post by CarolC »

For the price of a used car...a K9 Rover Dog Lift hoist to lift your dog off the floor with a 48V battery operated winch. Seems to be designed for veterinary clinics that can afford a $3000 piece of equipment plus shipping.

Rated for up to 350 lbs. There is nothing to prevent the dog from spinning once he leaves the ground. I also think as soon as the dog is on his feet, he's going to take off running with his front feet like a husky hauling that hoist along with him, slamming a wheel into something, but it does have wheel locks.

I wonder about the width. A wheelchair for a large dog might have a wider wheel base than the width between the sides of the hoist. So you could hoist the dog up, but could you get the wheelchair under him to lower him into it? The dog in the demo isn't super large.
:thinking:
I think the lift they used for Grizzy was better because it put him into a car, and this could never do that.

If you're not putting the dog into cars, the DIY engine hoist dog lift idea is much cheaper. It was $244. Probably more now, but still a tenth of the price. Like Dianne said, "paralysis doesn't need to be expensive."

K9_Rover_Dog_Hoist_sm.JPG
critters
Founding Member

Re: Battery operated hoist for a large dog

Post by critters »

It's kinda nice that we don't necessarily have to be so creative for disability stuff anymore, but it's also good to have cheaper options if we want them.