News: Can't keep Harley down!

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Jane Scott

News: Can't keep Harley down!

Post by Jane Scott »

Harley is Walking and Peeing and Pooping like crazy! Mind you it's more of a stagger then a walk, actually does better at running. Our neighbours 4 year old brought out a huge ball to play with and as soon as Harley saw it he took after it like the wind, barking and chasing. We've had to curtail his enthusiasm. I am so grateful for the wonderful people at this website; thank you for sharing your stories and encouragement to everyone. Sincerely, Jane
connie

Re: News: Can't keep Harley down!

Post by connie »

i knew it!!! congrats to harley. that's the way boy! cricket forgets his legs when he runs. lol.
A THOUSAND MILES WILL ALWAYS START WITH 1 STEP!!
hug harley for me, tell him to keep up the great work. i am so so happy for you!
after nine months cricket is walking better each day, so expect more progress each day with harley.

hugs

connie and cricket
terry

Post by terry »

Hooray for Harley and you too Jane. Our furry ones are amazing! Keep encouraging him and working with him, improvement can continue for up to 2 years. Thanks for sharing this with all of us, we need to hear about all the success stories. Terry and Pugs
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Hi Jane,

My dog did better at running at first, too. The forward momentum helped her keep her balance and prevented her falling over sideways. You might try having him walk down a sloping sidewalk, not too steep. Congratulations!
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Harley! Harley (wave here)

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

That is just delightful! St.Jude got motivated as well, by watching the others run and play and frolic (and eat .:) )
This is wonderful, Jane! Congratulations all 'round!