COCO Up-date

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Ms Charlie

COCO Up-date

Post by Ms Charlie »

Miss COCO as of 11:07 AM is up and walking at the vet hospital......will know more this afterneoon...but all went GREAT.
AGAIN..Thank you to ALL
Ms Charlie and Miss COCO.

T 11 & 12 was the problem.
Cindidoxiemom

Re: COCO Up-date

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

What AWESOME news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You couldn't ask for a better outlook. Keep us updated.
Cindi[/b]
I am not a vet; please consult your vet before making any treatment decisions.

Hunter IVDD Surgery x 2~Walking
Oscar IVDD Surgery x 1~ Paralyzed
Sage and Misty
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

What WONDERFUL news!!! I think that crate rest is still required post surgery, even though Coco is feeling spry. After back surgery you want her to rest and recover, and not reinjure herself.

We're happy to hear good news.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Hi Ms Charlie,

It's super to hear Coco is doing so well. Did the vet say how long she will be on crate rest now?

You might ask your vet about hydrotherapy. Your vet may allow it while your dog is still on crate rest because it is not stressful like weight bearing exercise would be, but you have to get permission. You don't want to do anything to mess up the expensive surgery or hurt the recovery. I think starting it about 2 weeks after surgery is pretty common, but each case is different and different vets have different rules, so ask the vet before you do anything.

In the meantime, you might like to read about it. Here is an article with several links on doing hydrotherapy at home:

Physical therapy for paralysis

Congratulations on a successful surgery!
connie

Post by connie »

greats news and that is what we love to hear . but ask your vet about crate rest. after any surgery i believe it is needed.
like humans they need to heal and rest. if not for crate rest my cricket couldn't have come back as he did. and do you need to express bladder or can babe do it on it's on?
we are here for you, and praying hard for full recovery.
whoever says miracles don't happen, never has been to this site. lol.
hugs
connie and cricket