CoCo up-dateJuly31 st

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Ms Charlie

CoCo up-dateJuly31 st

Post by Ms Charlie »

Good morning all my 'Doggie Angles ". Miss CoCo just wanted me to tell you that she is doing great. She can now walk with a special sling under her fat widdle tummy. She can use her legs in the back now, but needs some help. That's not a problem...ya think :) She's eating, drinking, urinating and yes good poo poo's. What more could you ask. She has a very strict PT schedule and miss nothing with her. The meds she is on is antibotic. cephalexin 250 MG 3/4 pill every 12 hours for 4 days.
Percocet X3 1/4 tablet every 12 hours, and can be increased to 8 hours if you perceive that she is painful.
restricted excerse for 2 months. She's also on a strict diet due to obesity.
I also have to use Gel cold packs...not in the freezer, just the fridge. Electic massager to help reduce the sweling. and stimulate the limbs. Raised food and water dishes. Found that one a bit confusing as I have not seen a dog this low to the ground before, but did raise them. Portable gates 4ft X 6 ft. If I have to leave for any reason then she is put in a portable crate.
I hope all this helps another widdle doggie.
HUGS
Ms Charlie and the cutest dang widdle doggie, Miss CoCo
CarolC

Re: CoCo up-dateJuly31 st

Post by CarolC »

Hi Ms Charlie,

She is a lucky dog! :) What kind of PT are you doing? Is she on any steroids, like prednisone?