CoCo's PT

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Ms Charlie

CoCo's PT

Post by Ms Charlie »

I listed all the meds that CoCo is on in another thread. her PT is quite extensive. Rolled up towel under tummy, leg massage, electic massager to help stimulate circulation etc. Cold packs for swelling. Lots of massage and very very detailed list to this.
They even gave me 6 pages of detailed pictutes so I don't forget anything...yea like I would lol.:)
Constant massage of back legs, thighs, and both sides but NOT surgery area. She is really doing well. She is still week on the right rear leg but can now put weight on it. I have to use the sling at all times. The only problem this AM...no poop....!!!!
I wish I had a scanner to post what the Vet gave me and the therapist. Maybe I can ask a friend and then I can post them for you. Mark was kind enough to ask for pictures I took of CoCo before and after surgery to post on here yesterday. Will do my best to answer any questions you may have...but you guys seem to know a LOT more then I.
Hugs from Ms Charlie and Miss CoCo...woof woof woof..
CarolC

Re: CoCo's PT

Post by CarolC »

Hi Ms. Charlie,

I remember reading about the PT in your other message. Thanks for reminding me. Wow! Six pages of intructions with illustrations--that's excellent!

I did read your list of the meds, but I noticed steroids were not on the list. My dog had back surgery for a spinal fracture and she was not put on steroids, however many dogs are. It's pretty common. Steroids like prednisone reduce inflammation around the surgical site and help function return. However, I know not all vets prescribe them and there is some risk of intestinal bleeding with steroids. I just wondered, that's all.

Sounds like you're doing great!