Boxer - Diagnosed with DM

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
kkennedy

Boxer - Diagnosed with DM

Post by kkennedy »

Our 7.5 year old boxer Jake, has been diagnosed with DM...we have gone through the prednisone, MRI, Neurologist evaluations, examinations, extensive xrays etc. Getting ready to order him a cart (any recommendations for this breed?) and just planning to get involved with forums like this so that we know what lies ahead...sure does tear at the heart to see such degeneration....I'll be asking for help.
Cindidoxiemom

Re: Boxer - Diagnosed with DM

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

Well...I'm sorry you have a need for us, but am glad you found us!

I will recommend Eddie's carts. My paralyzed dachshund can zoom around in his Eddie's cart, and them make them custom for dogs of all sizes. There are very few moving parts, and getting the pupper in and out has been very easy for me. http://www.eddieswheels.com/index.html
Check them out! Also, as Jake's needs change, don't hesitate to ask for help. We will be here for you!
Cindi
I am not a vet; please consult your vet before making any treatment decisions.

Hunter IVDD Surgery x 2~Walking
Oscar IVDD Surgery x 1~ Paralyzed
Sage and Misty
FYI

Post by FYI »

BethT

Post by BethT »

I really like Eddie's carts. My dog Waffles has rear leg paralysis and has been using an Eddies cart for 2 years. He is a doberman/pitbull and is really ruff on the cart but it has really held up. I got a reinforced cart. Waffles was 55 pounds when I first started using the cart (he averages around 50lbs now) and it is really easy to get him in and out of it. I have no other experience with any other cart but I have only good thing to say about Eddie's. I'm sorry your dog has DM but glad you found this site. Keep coming back. Beth
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

You might want to consider a quad cart, or at least a convertible one. I don't know what manufacturers that might be, but it's a thought.