degenerative myelopathy

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
fourbye99

degenerative myelopathy

Post by fourbye99 »

Hi,my dog ZARA has degenerative myelopathy in the hind legs,she can no longer stand up on her own.I have a strap,and a sling.They both work.I would like to know if can get some input on geting the strap adjusted.The leg openigs fit.Due to her muscle loss,the part that raps around is ,now too big.I need to have this cut and resewed.I also need a leg added on the one side she drags on.maybe with some padding would be helpful.Maybe the part that is cut off could be used for this.I don't sew.
Any input would be most helpful.This is for in the house.I have a dog cart for out side walking.I can't use this inside.
As far as I can tell Zara is happy,not in pain,and excepts any help from me.So ,if she is not giveing up,I'm not.
critters
Founding Member

Re: degenerative myelopathy

Post by critters »

Hmm. Depending on how you're talking about redoing the sling you might have to get an upholsterer to do the sewing if it'll take a heavy-duty sewing machine. Check around and see what you find out.