Update on Duke from Reno - FINALLY!

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Niki

Update on Duke from Reno - FINALLY!

Post by Niki »

Hello All~

Don't know if you remember but New Years weekend my Pomeranian, Duke, jumped off a tailgate resulting in paralysis of his backside. You were all so wonderful & supportive & honestly that is what got me thru that horrible time. I've been meaning to provide this update forever but am finally doing it...

I am EXTREMELY HAPPY to tell you Duke has made an almost complete recovery on his own!!! After all the testing, money & emotions, all it took was time. I know not all situations have such a happy ending but I hope this provides some hope for others who experience this type of situation. After two doctors discussing my options for euthanasia, thank goodness I made the decision to live with a "paralyzed pet". The best thing I did was spend as much time with him as possible while he was in the "hospital". He ate & drank from me when he wouldn't take anything from staff...

Duke is now running up & down the stairs & getting around great. He's a little wobbly & falls down sometimes but it doesn't seem to bother him a bit!

Thank you again for ALL the support you provided! Good luck to you all! Niki from Reno
Jane Scott

Re: Update on Duke from Reno - FINALLY!

Post by Jane Scott »

Hi! Duke sounds just like Harley! A little wobbly but doing great. Congrats to you and your pup; all that love sure pays off. Cheers Jane
Harley the "Monkey-boy"
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Hi Niki,

Sorry, I have not been here much the last few days and just saw this. What fantastic news! I can just picture the little guy running around. I just reread your original post and am delighted to hear so much improvement in such a short time. You're right, time is so much of what it takes. :) Happy for both of you!
SnowyWhiteGSD

Post by SnowyWhiteGSD »

I am new here, but I am really glad to hear such a success story. Even though your dog is so small compared to my 65 pound german shepherd, but she too is making much progress.

I am THRILLED to hear such great stories, thank you SO much for sharing!! I hope to have such a success story myself!

Angela and Snowy
Saving one dog may not change the world, but it WILL change the world for one dog!!