Oscar "Walking"

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
Cindidoxiemom

Oscar "Walking"

Post by Cindidoxiemom »

I snapped a few pictures of Oscar walking today...I resized them, but they are still a wee big....Thought you might want to see my buddy "walking".
It ain't pretty...but he is "walking". Now he scoots in the house..and some outside...but he is trying to "walk" more.

For those of you who don't know Oscar or his story...this improvement form total paralysis comes one and 1/2 years post op!
Cindi
I am not a vet; please consult your vet before making any treatment decisions.

Hunter IVDD Surgery x 2~Walking
Oscar IVDD Surgery x 1~ Paralyzed
Sage and Misty
SnowyWhiteGSD

Re: Oscar "Walking"

Post by SnowyWhiteGSD »

It's always good to see miracles! Thank you so much for sharing.

I know how difficult this road is and with time and patience it looks like its possible!!

God bless!!

Angela and Snowy
Saving one dog may not change the world, but it WILL change the world for one dog!!
GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily

Post by GabrielDeafBlindPupFamily »

Oscar, Go Pup Go! What beautiful photos, Cindi! I know you are so very proud of your boy!
Karen, Andy's ^i^ mom
Lethal White Aussies Rule!
INTERACTIVE RESCUE SITE!
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/lethalwhiteauss/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LethalWhiteAussieRescue/
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

These are great pictures. I especially like the first one. He's just like my dog, more interested in what his nose is doing than what his feet are doing. :) My dog's walking still "ain't pretty" as you say, but it gets the job done and that's what matters. You have exciting weeks ahead of you! :)

One thing I've told a few people, because it was true of my dog, is that if you have a problem with your dog being so eager to see the sights and smell the smells that he can't slow down long enough to walk well, or when he trips he's so eager to keep going that he just drags, then you may need to exercise him with the cart first. Let him burn off some of that energy and eagerness, and when he's calmer, then let him practice walking.

Will be waiting for updates. Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!
sunspirit

Post by sunspirit »

Look at Oscar go! Woo hoo Oscar! Tucker ain't pretty either - people will always be able to tell he has a problem - but when he gets going, he can really cruise along.
Lauren & Tucker

Tucker http://www.dogster.com/?299836