Me and B-boy wanted to say hello

Neurological Disorders Resources. Treatment and care for pets having pain or trouble walking or standing due to spinal injuries or neurological disorders like IVDD, FCE and DM.
B-boy

Me and B-boy wanted to say hello

Post by B-boy »

Hello there,
My wife and I just adopted our second dog into the family.
His Name is B-boy, he came to use from an animal rescue shelter in Vancouver Canada and has only been with us for the last two days. He is a one year old shih tzu, yorkie X, he was born with disc problems in a poorly ran puppy farm, they left him and did nothing. He was rescued at 7 months, has a paralized hind section and uses a cart for mobility. B-boy is full of joy and energy. He has been a real treat and we love him to bits already.
We really just wanted to join this site/forum in case we need advice and help with anything over the next few months of making the adjustments to our home and lifestye.
Thank you to everyone on here that taught us soo much already and helped us to ready our home for B's arrival home.
S&S
Pedro and B-boy
Attachments
B-boy and his wheels
B-boy and his wheels
Cruisin...
Cruisin...
critters
Founding Member

Re: Me and B-boy wanted to say hello

Post by critters »

Congrats on your new arrival! :lol: Talk about energy--it looks like he was flying when you took the pic!!
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Wow! Great pictures! Looks like he's got the running thing all figured out. :) Does he have bowel and bladder control? He's cute!
B-boy

Post by B-boy »

Hello again, thanks for the welcome mat. B-boy has no real control over his bowls, he wears a male wrap for urine and we try to pick up on his signs that a #2 is on it's way. B-boy really is a great addition to our familia. We will keep posting and letting people know of his progress and ours.
He does Motor!
S&S&P&B
Last edited by B-boy on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dianne

Post by Dianne »

Hi Pedro and B-Boy,

You might want to try anticipating when he needs to move his bowels and try one of the technics used on this page:

https://www.handicappedpets.com/mediawiki/?title=Bowel_management_in_incontinent_pets

I usually take Schnitzel to the toilet 3 or more times per day. There will be no messes (or fewer, cleanups) if you can anticipate when he needs to toilet.

Thanks for stopping by. B-Boy sure is cute.

Dianne
sunspirit

Post by sunspirit »

Congratulations on the new addition to your family and welcome to the site! B-boy looks like a very happy camper. I'm surprised and happy that the owners of the puppy mill did not put b-boy down. I'm looking forward to hearing about the adventures of B-boy.
Lauren & Tucker

Tucker http://www.dogster.com/?299836

connie

Post by connie »

welcome,
what a darling he is. your blessed for adopting him. my cricket was abandoned and i adopted him. he wasn't paralyzed then tho. he had a rupture disk in 2005 and had surgery. if he is dribbling and needing wraps , then he most certaining needs his bladder expressed. some can pee some, but bladder still has urine in it which can cause an UTI, nasty infections. i still have to empty cricket after all this time.
keep us informed, he is beautiful.
hugs, connie and cricket
B-boy

Post by B-boy »

I can say I need practice, but this AM I heard a peep out of B-boy and got up to take him outside, his wrap was wet but I tried to express any remaining urine out. It was fairly easy and he had no reaction to me doing so. Thank you for the suggestion and we will keep on him to ensure he is "empty"... Like everone has always said "don't worry"... one more hurdle behind us.
B-boy, Pedro, Sean &Serena
Christine

Post by Christine »

Your B-Boy is absolutely adorable! Check out the "poop on demand" instructions. That is even easier than expressing. My girl can go on her own, but if it is getting close to bedtime and she has not gone yet, I use a little squirt bottle on her bottom and it works like a charm and everyone gets a good night's sleep.
Christine... and Bailey, playing at the Bridge
?/1999 - 10/25/08