Larger struts

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
ladimer

Larger struts

Post by ladimer »

I have a german shepard / lab mix that is 12 years old (90 lbs) and losing mobility of her hind legs. We are getting her a wheelchair. She has to drag her hind legs everywhere now. Her groin to ground measurement is 21 inches and I was wondering if I should go with 15 inches struts? The website suggests 12 inch struts. For some reason, I am wondering if 15" struts will be better for her hind legs? To guarantee that her hind legs dont drag?
rockstar

Re: Larger struts

Post by rockstar »

Our dog's groin to ground measurement was 19 inches. We ordered the smaller struts, but recently ordered the larger struts and are much happier with the fit. Our dog seems to have longer legs in the back though. He is a doberman mix. Hope this helps.