Which Wheel Size Do I Need?

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
nbregger

Which Wheel Size Do I Need?

Post by nbregger »

The wheel size depends on the weight of dog and measure (Groin to Ground). This is the most important measure. Groin to Ground means inside the back legs against the skin (private area) to ground. If your dog is over 65 lbs, you will need the 12" wheel or pneumatic tire. Over 125 lbs., you will need the 16" wheel or air tire. Call Handicappedpets.com if you are not sure 888-811-7387 and ask for Nancy.
markcrobinson
Site Admin

Re: Which Wheel Size Do I Need?

Post by markcrobinson »

Prior to April 10 we offered the 4" and 8" foam filled wheels, plus the 12" and 16" air-filled pneumatic, rubber tires.
On April 10th we made available a 12" and 16" foam filled wheel.

("Tires" are air-filled like car tires. "Wheels" are foam-filled)

The foam-filled wheel is less expensive and expected to last 6 - 12 months with normal wear. They cannot be punctured but they can be chewed. Replacement wheels and tires can be ordered, already attached to their struts, so that replacing a wheel takes only moments and requires no tools.

The air-filled tires look like "mountain bike" tires and can be used on heavy terrain for very active dogs.
Mark C Robinson
HandicappedPets.com
For Elderly, Disabled, and Injured Pets; products, services, and support.