Are my Dog Front Legs Strong Enough for a Wheelchair?

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
nbregger

Are my Dog Front Legs Strong Enough for a Wheelchair?

Post by nbregger »

The Walkin Wheels cart is designed to accommodate dogs with rear end issues. Here is a test to do:

Take a towel and roll it up the long way, put it in front of his back legs, holding each end of the towel. Pick up the hind legs 5" off ground and nudge him forward (like wheelbarrow). If he can make it across the room, the cart will be fine. If he falls on his face after 4 steps, he needs a quad cart. Please call me if you don't understand what I'm saying. You can also counter balance the cart by moving the wheels forward slightly. In you do in fact need a Quad cart, call us 888-811-7387

This video describes a "towel - test" to determine whether your dog's front legs are strong enough for a rear wheel cart.
http://handicappedpets.com/www/index.ph ... -work.html

If you do need a four-wheel (Quad) cart, we hope to develop a front wheel extension to the Walkin' Wheels soon. Until then you'll need a custom cart.

:thankyou: