Dog Falls Backwards In Chair?

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
TropicBrat

Dog Falls Backwards In Chair?

Post by TropicBrat »

Hi ,
I purchased one of these chairs a few months ago and its seems great except for the fact that when my dog isnt walking ... and goes to rest of sit he falls over backwards.. is there some kind of stopper for this... he cant constantly be oving hes 13.5 yrs old...Please help! he is a german shorthair pointer (lg dog)
Thanks
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: Dog Falls Backwards In Chair?

Post by Bobbie »

Do you have the leg struts angled backwards or straight up and down? If they are angled from front (top) to back (Bottom) then it is harder for your dog to go over backwards.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
TropicBrat

Post by TropicBrat »

struts angled? I dont understand... please clarify??? Thanks
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

Check the Walkin Wheels photos online... Augie has his struts upright like | and Lady has hers angled back like \.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
TropicBrat

Post by TropicBrat »

I am not noticing any differnce in the 2 dogs carts... Please help? and Thank You
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

Eve and dot.jpg
See how the upright struts are angled to the back? In most pictures they are straight up and down, perpendicular to the ground. This dog fell backwards, also, until we angled them back. There is a sort of dial that allows you to rotate the struts up to fold the cart, that also allows you to angle them back.
Bobbie Mayer
TropicBrat

Post by TropicBrat »

ok i see the difference ... can u please instruct me as to how to to this.... that would be great if i could let my dog stay in chair for more than a few minutes without catchin him... thank you so much
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Post by Bobbie »

It should be in your instructions, but basically when you unfold the leg you go to a position further back than you probably did at first. I can't remember exactly how that works as I don't have a WW cart here, but it wasn't very hard to figure out. Someone from Walkin Wheels can probably give you more detailed instructions.
Bobbie Mayer
TropicBrat

Post by TropicBrat »

Thank you for yr help... :D :thankyou: