Dachshund slipping out of chair

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Cricket

Dachshund slipping out of chair

Post by Cricket »

Hello,
I am trying to help a friend who is having trouble with her Dachshunds wheelchair. The wheelchair chest strap sits low on the chest and after a few seconds of moving forward the dog can just step right out of the harness because the strap slips down. Everything else is fitted and snug.
Has anyone had this problem? We'd appreciate any suggestions.
:thankyou:
Susanne
nbregger

Re: Dachshund slipping out of chair

Post by nbregger »

If any of the front harness straps are loosening up, double feed the strap through the clip and it will stay put. If you have any concerns, please call Handicappedpets.com at 888-811-7387 and someone will be able to help you. :D
dawghowsca

Post by dawghowsca »

My mini dachshund also slips out of the chest strap. This morning, I finally removed the comfort pad & safety pinned the strap. He still walks out of it! So then, he freezes & refuses to try to walk (we're 5 days into this process). What the heck am I doing wrong? He has a large chest & I would think the strap would stay above the curve of it, but nope, it doesn't.
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Make sure that the front harness strap that goes over the back is tight and that the extender (side rail) goes all the way to the front leg. If you could send me a picture of your dog in the front harness, that would be helpful. My email address is: nancy@hpets.net I haven't heard of this happening before so I think it has to do with the adjustments.