need help with wheelchair

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
shariinsd

need help with wheelchair

Post by shariinsd »

Hi Again,

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

We got our Walking Wheels yesterday and I cannot figure out what to do with the belly strap. Can someone please help.

I also think I have to order new leg rings because at their smallest they sag down and are not flush. I think she is a weird shaped dog because at 70 pounds she is very narrow with little bulk.

Thanks for the help on the belly strap.

Shari
CarolC

Re: need help with wheelchair

Post by CarolC »

Hi Shari,

I found a user's manual and it looks like it has instructions on the belly belt on pages 19-20.

http://handicappedpets.com/www/index.ph ... nline.html

Hope this helps! :)
shariinsd

Re: need help with wheelchair

Post by shariinsd »

I saw this but I don't think I understand. The red part goes against her belly, below the ribs. Do I take the velcro and wrap it around the whole wheel chair and she lays on top of it? On the ends are two elastic loops similar to the ones in the stirrups. What do I do with those?

I really thought she would take to it faster. I know that they say two weeks, but she seems like such a fearless dog, I didn't expect it to take her more than 5 minutes. She did topple over 2 times when we were trying to adjust it, so that probably doesn't help.

Shari