Walkin left Harness question

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
jazzybaby

Walkin left Harness question

Post by jazzybaby »

I ordered a Walkin Wheels Wheelchair from Handicap pets in Nov and my dog is paralzyed in her back end she does walk some using her back legs. But I have notice a little issue when she is in her wheels. Her rear end seems to kind of be saggy. it is almost like her weight of her rear end is to havey for the support system that came with her chart. I have it as small as it will go, but once she gets in it and gets going her rear end startes to get saggy and then she starts dragging her legs because to much of her legs are now to much on the ground. I was looking at the Walkin Lift Harness but was affraid to order it if it won't help. The wheelchair itself seems to be the right size it just seems like the support system that hold her back up in place will not support her weight. She is a cocker spaniel who weighs in about 24lbs. Any advice would be great.
nbregger

Re: Walkin left Harness question

Post by nbregger »

Hi,

I would recommend tightening the leg ring straps by doubleing over the straping material as on page 15 in the manual. This will prevent any slippage. If it keeps occuring, then call our office to get new leg rings. The Walk n Lift rear harness might work better for your dog.