Friend in need

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
chessercat

Friend in need

Post by chessercat »

I am writing this e-mail on behalf of my friend and boss, April. April has been a groomer at Paws Pet Grooming on South Dale Mabry for nearly ten years and has been the manager for a good number of those years. April is the sole provider for a family of four; herself, husband, and two excellent boys. She makes pretty good money but in todays economy, and in her situation it doesn’t go far. In spite of this her home has been in foreclosure twice, and twice she has some how managed to pull it out of foreclosure. She struggles every day and does it gladly for her boys. On top of all this she has degenerative rheumatoid arthritis and lives with constant pain in her back and hands, yet can manage to scissor a Bichon to perfection. She is a fighter and a survivor. She also has an uncanny love of animals, dogs especially. Which brings to me the reason for this letter, April has a black lab named Ortiz which she has had since he was seven days old. The bond between these two is unlike anything I have ever witnessed. When she says that he is her best friend she means it from the soul. Ortiz is now 15, I believe, and in the past year has taken a turn for the worst. A few months back he had a stroke and declines daily. He can no longer walk without Aprils assistance using towels and sheets as a support sling. She walks him around a set path in her yard when ever he cries to go out. And transports him to work with her so he is not alone for hours on end. In spite of his disabilities he is alert and aware, continues to eat and thrive, like his mom he is a fighter and survivor. But all this is breaking Aprils heart because deep down she knows the end draws close. I write this letter because I know Ortiz would greatly benefit from one of those doggie wheel chairs, but April can’t afford to buy one. Does anyone have any suggestions.
nbregger

Re: Friend in need

Post by nbregger »

Hi,

Your friend April sounds like a loving person and greatful that Ortiz is her best friend. Here are some listing of organizations which she could benefi:

http://handicappedpets.com/www/index.ph ... -pets.html
chessercat

Re: Friend in need

Post by chessercat »

Thank you very much, I have contacted the site you suggested and hope to hear from them soon. :thankyou: