Thanks From Digby

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
cadaha

Thanks From Digby

Post by cadaha »

This is a quicke potted history of our boy.

He fell of the roof off a 3 story apartment building at seven weeks old and was left to die. I found out about this on the Thursday after this happened (he fell the Saturday before).

I demanded that the someone get a vet to deal with him and when I returned to the gym the following morning I found out that he was still laying there after a vet had seen him. The vet simply stated that he would return on the following Monday (4 days later) and if the dog could not walk he would put him to sleep.

My wife and I mangaged to get the dog and took him away to a local centre to basically have him put to sleep so that he would not suffer any more but was informed that we could take him home with us although his back was shattered in one place and fractured in three others.

He cannot use his hind legs at all but is having a lovely time now with our German Shepherd.

Digby in his adjustable Walkin Wheels wheelchair.

Digby letting us know how happy is is with is new wheels :)

Then almost 2 years later before the big wheels arrived.

Digby and Tyler (the German Shepherd) having fun. As you can see, disabled dogs can live a happy life :)

Digby with his new and improved wheelchair enhancements. This wheelchair is a life saver and has enabled a dog with a crushed spine to live a normal life. Amazing!!!!!!

He loves it :)

Me and the boys ;)

nbregger

Re: Thanks From Digby

Post by nbregger »

Hi,

I love the story and I love Digby. You are wonderful people to save this dog. I can see that Digby is very happy with you and his buddy. I like that you bumped him up to a bigger wheels and re adjusted the cart legs so they are straight up and down and not set angled back. Call if you need further fitting instructions :D 888-811-7387
cadaha

Post by cadaha »

Thanks for the reply Nancy and also for helping out with our new girl, Freckles (on the right), who's cart will arrive tomorrow.

I'll add another photo with her and Digby in their carts :)
cadaha

Post by cadaha »

The Walkin' Wheels convoy :)

I'll add some more photos of Freckles when I get chance but today was a washout. Once it cooled down enough for her to get a good chance to get acclimatized to her cart we had a thunder storm, so it looks like tomorrow will be her earliest opportunity for a decent play.
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Hi Carl,
The pictures you've been posting are adorable. I'm sure Freckles is anxious to play again. One comment: Make sure that the stirrups are not lifting Digby's leg to high. The stirrups should be positions around the hock and only 4" off the ground. Other than that, everything looks good. Have a great weekend. Hope the weather clears up. It is beautiful here on the East Coast with the leaves turning vivid colors. Fall is here!
Nancy
cadaha

Post by cadaha »

Thanks for the advise Nancy. I miss Fall, we don't get seasonal changes here :( Looking forward to getting back to the UK when we sell our house here.
CarolC

Post by CarolC »

Freckles looks like she's smiling. Now she's just like the big dog! :D
cadaha

Post by cadaha »

Thank you to HandicappedPets.com for all your support with our babies and we are honored that our family have been your profile picture of the week on your Facebook page for the second time. If you are interested in how our family are progressing you can see them on their very own little FB page at http://www.facebook.com/DigbyAndFreckles. We also have a new website dedicated to raising awareness about disabled dogs at http://www.disableddogsarenotdisposable.com/

We have adopted Freckles' friend from the rescue center to make her feel even more at home. Wally, her friend, was beaten and will probably need his front right leg removed but he still trusts and loves people. It is amazing how much resilience these guys have after such traumatic experiences.

Once again thank you so much HandicappedPets.com for your support of our little family of disabled boys and girl.

Freckles welcoming Wally home to their forever family.