Oliver takes off in Walkin Wheels

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Oliver takes off in Walkin Wheels

Post by Bobbie »

I recently adopted Oliver, a paraplegic Corgi. I picked him up sight unseen on the way to a camping trip. Knowing he did not have a cart, I brought along a Walkin Wheels which was generously donated to CorgiAid and had just been returned from it's first (two year) loan. As I was not sure of Oliver's size but knew he was a large corgi this seemed a good bet. I knew for certain he had never used a cart.

anyway, a few adjustments, and in he went. Here is Oliver, with Candy and a bunch of corgis, on Oliver's SECOND day in the cart.

Oliver is now in a K9 cart primarily because, as a creature of habit, I need to be making the same motions to put Oliver in his cart as I do for Candy (if you don't understand why try stumbling out of bed at 6 am and putting two dogs in carts before you get your coffee...) and because we needed a custom wide wheelbase, but the WW was a great solution for the trip. It has already shipped out to help another big corgi.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels
nbregger

Re: Oliver takes off in Walkin' Wheels

Post by nbregger »

Bobbie,

Thanks for the posts of the Corgis playing in their carts. I'm glad to hear that Oliver is in good hands.
petaccessguy

Re: Oliver takes off in Walkin' Wheels

Post by petaccessguy »

What a great clip magical, I have seen a few corgis in carts lately.
Great to see