Bathroom use

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
stevekolt

Bathroom use

Post by stevekolt »

My wife and I found that our 9 y.o. German Shepherd has developed paralysis of his rear legs due to some type of inflammatory process involving his spinal cord. He is in every other way the same wonderful and healthy companion. My question is how does he go to the bathroom? Would be more than willing to pick up the wheelchair, but can he pee and poop while in it? My wife and I are heartbroken over this, and we are praying that the steroid treatment will return the function to his legs.
nbregger

Re: Bathroom use

Post by nbregger »

Hi Steve,
Our adjustable Walkin Wheels is designed for "bathroom use". They just do it standing in the cart. It will not soil them or the cart. They learn this very quickly and it only takes one time doing their "business" to figure it out. German Shepherds do very well in this cart. They can still use their back leg to develop muscle or is also equipped with stirrups to hold the back legs due to paralysis. It even comes with a belly belt to help support any back issues.