Male Dogs

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
4zack

Male Dogs

Post by 4zack »

Hi,

I have purchased one of the wheelchairs and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

I've been reading around the website, looking at videos, reading here at the forum, etc trying to pick up info that I may need to help me.

After watching one of the videos on how to set the chair up I now have some questions

1) I can't tell by the video for sure but do the leg rings that come with the system hamper a male dog from urinating? It almost looks like they may press right where the male dog's penis is and that concerns me that it might constrict or maybe feel uncomfortable to where he won't want to urinate. Have you had any feedback on this with other male dogs? If so are there any potential adjustments you can recommend to me so that I can be prepared for when i encounter this?

2) I missed that there was an optional walkin' lift cart harness system that could be bought separately. Does this work better or about the same with a male dog?

In short: i just want to make sure there isn't an adjustment, or separate purchase, that I need to make in order to make the system comfortable for my dog's urination process. Because if there's something else I should purchase, I can put in an order before the cart actually gets here.

:thankyou:
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: Male Dogs

Post by Bobbie »

Males urinate easily in carts, the rings fit behind the penis. No need for anything different or extra.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels