Leg loop problem

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Rainbeam

Leg loop problem

Post by Rainbeam »

Hello. I assembled my Walkin' Wheels today, following the instructions on the DVD provided.

My concern is that my girl's back legs didn't fit comfortably in the back rings, she was kind of just balancing awkwardly atop the loops instead of sitting nestled in it. Is it possible that I've pulled the loops too tight? I thought they were supposed to be connected tight and solid, but when I look at pictures of all the other dogs in their wheels, they seem to be sunken comfortably into their loops, whereas my girl was kind of perched, if that makes sense.

If I'm supposed to slacken them a bit, how do I go about this? The straps don't appear to lengthen at all. It was a squeeze to pull them on. Do I merely loosen the velcro in the middle, or would that make it even more uncomfortable for her?

Has anyone else had this problem? Can someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong? Thank you for any advice.

I feel like if I can just make an adjustment to help her fit better into the loops, she's going to do great in the wheels. Despite her back legs being positioned wrongly she walked forward like a pro and got the idea straight away.

Thank you for any help. x
nbregger

Re: Leg loop problem

Post by nbregger »

You can loosen the strapping about 1" on each side of the round ring clips so that the leg rings hang down a bit like a cradle. If you loosen them up too much, it will lower her too much and the cart will be too short in height. I would not recommend loosening the wrap in the middle of rings. If you have difficulty, please call Handicappedpets.com, 888-811-7387 and they will be able to help you.

Nancy :D
Rainbeam

Post by Rainbeam »

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to have another crack at it tomorrow, so I'll see what I can do. I'm wondering if the problem is down to her having absolutely no weight on her back end at all.

Thanks again. x
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Send a picture of your dog in the cart to: messages@handicappedpets.com and we can let you know if the fitting is correct.