Belly Belt Question

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
blahskippy

Belly Belt Question

Post by blahskippy »

Hi everyone,

I have a 7 year old Chow Chow who suffered a spinal cord injury from a severe sneeze. The injury is right below his shoulder blades. He has been down for 6 weeks now and can move his front legs, but is not able to sit up on his elbows, so he has to lay on his side. We have tried using the towel method to see if he could walk. He takes small steps (with my husband giving him some support behind his arms) but then loses his strength. I'm thinking this is because he hasn't used his front legs for so long now. We really want to order him a wheelchair, but are not sure if he will have enough support towards his front end. Does anyone know if the belly belt will be enough support?
nbregger

Re: Belly Belt Question

Post by nbregger »

The belly belt will probably not be enough support. If you buy the rear wheel cart and feel that your dog needs more support in the front end, we do have front wheel attachments that can be added. You can always call me to discuss your dogs issues, 888-811-7387. Thank you.