is it possible to tighten the wheels?

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
danieljcartier

is it possible to tighten the wheels?

Post by danieljcartier »

The wheels on my dog banjo's cart are very wobbly - so much so that the actual wheel is starting to rub up against the bar - causing friction which makes it harder for her to move. I'm not sure if it's possible to tighten the wheels. It looks like it's one big blot that runs through the whole thing. Any help would be appreciated. I'd call the 800 number but it's after business hours.
markcrobinson
Site Admin

Re: is it possible to tighten the wheels?

Post by markcrobinson »

Hi Daniel, and regards to Banjo.

I'm not sure why the wheels are wobbling, the metal strut may be wearing. We can overnight you a new set of struts and wheels (if needed) first thing Monday morning. Please give us a call at 888-811-7387 and we'll arrange it. If you'll send yours back I can take a look to see why it happened.

Best Regards,
Mark Robinson
Mark@HandicappedPets.com
Mark C Robinson
HandicappedPets.com
For Elderly, Disabled, and Injured Pets; products, services, and support.
danieljcartier

Post by danieljcartier »

Thanks Mark _ I will call tomorrow. I know they loosen a little - but these wheels got extremely loose. My only logistical problem is I'd probably need a new set of wheels shipped before I sent the ones I have back to be examined. I'll call the number tomorrow and see what can be done. thanks again for responding so quickly!
All the best,
Daniel Cartier (and Banjo)
markcrobinson
Site Admin

Post by markcrobinson »

The office is closed until Monday, but I'm going in tomorrow to do a little 'catch-up'. If you don't want to wait until Monday, I can drop your replacements in the mail. No problem with sending back yours - you can send them when convenient.

Please email me your address and the size of wheel and strut -- and whether you have air or foam tires. If you want to speak with me about it, I'll email you my cell #. The office phones are on auto.
Mark C Robinson
HandicappedPets.com
For Elderly, Disabled, and Injured Pets; products, services, and support.
danieljcartier

Post by danieljcartier »

will do! Thanks Mark!
danieljcartier

Post by danieljcartier »

Thanks mark - I sent you a message with all the information via the "contact us" form on the website. If you don't receive it let me know and I can just give you all the info here. Cheers and I appreciate all your help!
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Hi Daniel,

I left a message on your phone and emailed you a question. I look forward to talking to you soon.

Nancy