Looking for used/cheap Wheelchair

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Charlies parents

Looking for used/cheap Wheelchair

Post by Charlies parents »

We are new to needing a wheelchair. Charlie can still walk for short bursts but her ability to do so is rapidly declining. We know she will need wheels soon, but we also dont have much money. My fiance has been out of work for a while and money is tight. We really just cant afford to buy a new wheelchair for her and are looking for suggestions on used ones. I've looked around the web a little but most of the used ones are still really pricey. Is that going to be our only option? We are looking for a medium wheelchair with a height of around 14". Please help.
Thanks,
Jamie, Jason, and Charlie
nbregger

Re: Looking for used/cheap Wheelchair

Post by nbregger »

Jamie, Jason, and Charlie,

Please call me 888-811-7387 and we can discuss different options of cart sizes and discount. Is 14" the total height of your dog or is it the fold of flank. We only need the fold of flank to determine what size cart you need. Thanks, Nancy
Attachments
fof3.jpg
nh320

Post by nh320 »

I just got one from Eddie’s Wheels for my dog..custom fit and really helps him walk better. You should give them a call and see what price they give you.
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

Hi,

We have a website call hpets.org that is run by our Handicapped Foundation which allows dogs to get a free cart. You will need to apply to be considered.

Nancy