Concerned about Front Harness force on Yogi

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
rr_trail_boss

Concerned about Front Harness force on Yogi

Post by rr_trail_boss »

I just received my Walkin’ Wheels for my 10 year old Boxer Yogi. I believe that I have the wheelchair setup correctly as described in th User Manual. However, when I put my hand between Yogi and the Top Strap of the Front Harness, I could not help but notice how much downward force is pressing down on Yogi . While taking Yogi on a short walk today, I noticed that Yogi was taking short steps with his front legs, not the usual long stride. Should that much downard pressure from the wheelchair be on the dog? The wheelchair’s horizontal bars are parallel to the ground. The wheelchair knuckle is at the hips as suggested in the user manual. Please help.

Thank You
nbregger

Re: Concerned about Front Harness force on Yogi

Post by nbregger »

Hi,

Try moving the extender a bit shorter and then readjust the front harness black strap to make it longer. You can then, send me a picture of the side view and rear view to:
nancy@hpets.net