Recommend me a wheelchair please!

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Inichka

Recommend me a wheelchair please!

Post by Inichka »

I'm trying to make a decision whether to order a quad from doggon wheels or Eddie's for 14 years old dog, with paralyzed rear legs, weakening front legs and neck problems. We suspect he has DM unfortunately. He is 55lb. Could you please share with me your thoughts on both options? I see the stability and quality of construction in the Eddie's quad but I don't see much freedom of movement for the dog. The doggon quad looks more accessible and natural..what about the quad from walkin wheels? I'm interested in this one too. . Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!
CarolC

Re: Recommend me a wheelchair please!

Post by CarolC »

Hi Inichka,

I tried both the Eddie's and Doggon' quad cart with my golden retriever. I liked the Doggon' better for the reasons you gave. The Eddie's was sturdy and had a pull handle, but the Doggon' seemed more comfortable and natural and freer. They did not make a Walkin' Wheels quad cart in 2009 so I have not tried it. My dog could not really walk around much in either cart, but you can see in the picture he is smiling because he is outdoors and he is standing up. This was 2 months before he passed away.

Here are some pictures. :)
carts25.JPG
17Mar09.JPG
Inichka

Re: Recommend me a wheelchair please!

Post by Inichka »

Dear CarolC, thank you so much for sharing your experience and beautiful pictures of your dog. He looks indeed happy and sooo sweet. He was lucky to have you. I'm sure. You helped me a lot with your advices. Thank you.