Need Wheels for front support on my Walkin wheels

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
miss&tess'smom

Need Wheels for front support on my Walkin wheels

Post by miss&tess'smom »

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had a set of front wheels for the walkin wheels dog wheelchair. Tess's front legs are starting to get weak and when she is in her chair she keeps lifting her front legs. She is now 10 1/2 years old. I would appreciate anyone letting me know if you have a set for sale or if you have a set I could use.

Thanks,
Linda & Tess
alicheval

Re: Need Wheels for front support on my Walkin' Wheels

Post by alicheval »

hi
sorry i can't help in your query but wanted to know - why does tess need a wheel chair? did she lose strength in her legs because of her age?

my dog is 15 and can no longer walk. i ordered a walking wheels for him but the vet said it would not help him and that he is too old. and has lost his zest for life. i dont know what to think but am interested in other peoples opinons.

i dont know if should give the wheel chair a try or i am prolonging his suffering :?
miss&tess'smom

Re: Need Wheels for front support on my Walkin' Wheels

Post by miss&tess'smom »

Hi, I was told by my vet that Tess (my boxer that will be 11 in April) had arthritis in her spine causing calcification. She started out knuckling over one of her back paws. It eventually progressed and she can no longer stand up. Both of her back legs are partially paralyzed. From reading posts on here, I think she might have what is called myelopathy. It is like ms in people. I got the walkin wheels a while back. Tess used them some outside but since we live in Illinois she doesn't get to use the walkin wheels in the winter. I've had her in the house in them but being she is a big dog she can't maneuver the chair very well. There just isn't enough space. At this point in time when I have put her in it she keeps lifting her front paws like it's hard for her to hold up, and that is why I was asking about the wheels for the front. Tess did enjoy being able to stand up and get around in the chair when we got it. She even forgot and tried running up to the stairs to our sliding doors thinking she could go in like she used to. Watch some of the videos on here and post your question where others can see it.
The people on here are very helpful. If you love our dog like I love mine I know you want to do everything you can.

Hope you find the answers you need.
Linda