Rear amputee nub falling out of sling

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
blonderubyandariel

Rear amputee nub falling out of sling

Post by blonderubyandariel »

I currently have a walking wheels for my rear amputee lab we have having issues with her nub sliding out of the amputee sling of the wheelchair. I have adjusted the sling several times and its just a pain in the but to keep stopping on our walks for me to slide her nub back onto the sling. I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem.
nbregger

Re: Rear amputee nub falling out of sling

Post by nbregger »

Hi,

If you have the amputee cover over the leg rings and the stump is sliding off, I could recommend:
1. cutting a slit in the neoprene fabric of the cover and using the excess strapping of the leg rings to hold him in.

If you are not sure, please call me or send a picture and I will be able to help you.

Thank you,
Nancy@hpets.net
888-811-7387