Dog Sitter

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Ollie569

Dog Sitter

Post by Ollie569 »

My Jack Russell became paralyzed (hind lags) in November last year. I am new to all this.

My job requires travel - how does one find a dog sitter (Los Angeles area) that has special needs experience for dogs that doesn't cost $100 a day?
Bobbie
Wheelchair Expert

Re: Dog Sitter

Post by Bobbie »

Short answer- you might not be able to. But it depends on what you need. If you can find a good dogsitter you may be able to train that person for your dog's special needs. They get additional skills and you get someone at a lower rate (next time they can charge more!)

Or maybe see if you can find a vet tech who might do it- again, the person is benefitting from a new skill.

Third option- join one of the larger lists like Dodgerslist and see if someone in your area would exchange care with you. If your dog gets along with others that might work.
Bobbie Mayer
"Corgis on Wheels: Understanding and Caring for the Special Needs of Corgis with Degenerative Myelopathy or DIsk Disease available now!
http://www.corgiaid.org/cart/corgisonwheels