Pneumatic tires

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
critters
Founding Member

Pneumatic tires

Post by critters »

I just wanted to remind people with pneumatic tires for their WW carts (large carts only, as far as I know) to keep checking the tire pressure. I have a set used for demos, until I place it anyway, that I just noticed the other day had NO air in the tires. If a flat tire is used, the tube can move inside the tire and can become pinched, making a hole. It might be easier to notice a flattish tire if a dog is using it; I don't know--it would probably depend on the weight involved. What I DO know is that I have something else (heavy) that develops silent flats, so I have to test the tires twice a year because last year one pinched and had to be replaced. It's MUCH easier and cheaper to keep them full than to replace them, as a rule!