New Wheelchair

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
djryan7

New Wheelchair

Post by djryan7 »

I have a 9 year old female German Shepard that I am trying to get used to using a new wheelchair. I have the larger 16 inch wheels and I believe I have adjusted the chair properly but for some reason she now pushes her head down fighting walking with the chair. At first it appeared that she was going to run with it but now she seems to be looking at the ground instead of walking forward with her head up high.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave and Tessa (Female German Shepard) :thankyou:
critters
Founding Member

Re: New Wheelchair

Post by critters »

How about going somewhere fun like PetSmart, dog park, etc? Maybe use food or treats as lure/reward? I even tried feeding mine in her cart--super special canned food that she didn't normally get.
nbregger

Re: New Wheelchair

Post by nbregger »

Please send me a picture of her in the wheelchair for a fitting evaluation. I will need to see a side view and a rear view taken at the dogs level. Thank you, nancy@hpets.net
Please include your phone number in my email so I can return the call.