Walkin Wheels and hills

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
ShilohsMom

Walkin Wheels and hills

Post by ShilohsMom »

How does this wheelchair handle hills? We live on a hill, so our walking route is uphill and then downhill. Is there a risk of the cart tipping over, or injuring him going downhill? Would it be more difficult for him to go uphill with the extra weight of the wheelchair than without the chair?
nbregger

Re: Walkin' Wheels and hills

Post by nbregger »

Your dog will be able to handle going up the hill. The wheelchair isn't that heavy. Going downhill, I might suggest attaching the handle strap to the back hooks to slow him down. :)
ShilohsMom

Post by ShilohsMom »

Thanks! And one more question. This is the terrain he will have to go over. The first is our driveway and the second is the street where we walk. I used the wizard to figure out the size he needs and it says Large with 12" wheels. Will the standard wheels handle this terrain or do I need the air tires?
terrain 1.JPG
terrain 2.JPG
nbregger

Post by nbregger »

The Air tires would make a smoother ride.
ShilohsMom

Post by ShilohsMom »

Thanks!