second hand wheelchairs website

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
disableddogstuff

second hand wheelchairs website

Post by disableddogstuff »

Hello doglovers
I have just joined this forum having recently lost my beloved disabled dog Skinny. i was left wondering what to do with her harness and trolly not wanting to throw it away if another dog could use them. So i got to thinking how many other people are in the same position and have dog wheels in the garage or shed?
with this in mind i have set up a website www.disableddogstuff.weebly.com for people to post their items on the forum and people looking for wheelchairs etc but dont have much money can give their pet a new lease of life for free or very cheaply.
I would really appreciate everyone looking at the page and give me your feedback on the idea
CarolC

Re: second hand wheelchairs website

Post by CarolC »

What a beautiful website. Your dog was lucky to have such love and care. She had a very rich life with you.
I love the photos of your dog in the trolly, especially that she is a larger dog and it is working so well.

I hope your site will help other caregivers to find what they need to care for their dogs. I think the photos on your site will encourage people to enrich their dogs' lives, even in the face of complete loss of ability like your dog had. You have shown how well it can be done. I like your saying, "It's not the end just because the legs don't work".

I can hardly imagine having a mobility impaired large dog and living on a houseboat. We once had a member with a large dog living in a trailer (caravan) and it must have been difficult. I am trying to imagine carrying a large dog back and forth to shore from a houseboat. Your dog had a very special family.
:angel:

You will always know you did the best for her, and your website is a beautiful legacy.

There is a site that also covers used wheelchairs, http://www.useddogwheelchairs.com, however I hope people will be sure to look at your site to see how you cared for your dog because it is a special story that needs to be told!

Best wishes in all your continued work for handicapped dogs.

:welcome:
disableddogstuff

thank you so much for your kind words. I just hope word gets around and people have old trollies and harnesses etc to put on the site. fingers crossed
critters
Founding Member

Post by critters »

I've cross posted your site.
disableddogstuff

thank you, the more people know the better, i am trying to get an article in a dog magazine and have sent cards to every vet and pet shop i come across