Walking wheels and rear lift peeing problemp

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
KathyN

Walking wheels and rear lift peeing problemp

Post by KathyN »

Hi.
I recently bought the rear lift harness to use with the chair as my dogs previous rear harness was getting too small ( weight/ muscle tone loss) and he frequently wet the harness. I have found though that using the rear lift harness causes pressure to his groin so that he cannot expel urine while hooked up. I have tried loosening the front clips and using the belly band to lighten the pressure to his groin but as soon as I release the clips he just goes all over ( he usually has very good bladder control)
I will ensure he pees before he goes out in the cart but because he has no use of his back end now we find it more comfortable for him to go while in his cart as he tends not to hit his fur at all.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice? He's not in the cart more than 45 mins to an hour max but I don't want to be doing him any damage. He had no problems with the original foam supports that came with it once I adjusted them far enough back. He has pooped ok with it
nbregger

Re: Walkin' Wheels and rear lift peeing problemp

Post by nbregger »

Not all dogs adapt to the Walkin Lift Rear harness. I would recommend going back to the foam tubes which worked better.
KathyN

Re: Walkin' Wheels and rear lift peeing problemp

Post by KathyN »

Thanks, this was my feeling also. I have made all adjustments possible and it has not worked.
Thanks