Blood circulation and pooing

This is a moderated forum for support of users of the Walkin' Wheels Adjustable dog wheelchair. Typically questions posted here will be edited, answered, incorporated into other posts, and/or possibly removed.
Forum rules
If you do not see a reply here, please check your Private Messages. If you do not see a PM, please post again so we may notify support staff.

For quick answers to questions about the Walkin' Wheels wheelchair, please call HandicappedPets directly at (888) 811-7387.
Bahar

Blood circulation and pooing

Post by Bahar »

Hey guys, I just got the walkin on wheels for my 12 yr old gsd 3 days ago.. After using it for 10 to 15 min my dog can't seem to get up.. I feel the tubes might be cutting blood flow in his hind legs.. Any insight? Also have any of ur dogs been able to poo while using it?

N1sunrider

Re: pooping

Post by N1sunrider »

I'd like to know the same question, can they poop while in the harness and/or wheelchair?
nbregger

Re: Blood circulation and pooing

Post by nbregger »

Hi, You might need to lower the tubes harness system if it is too tight. We recommend that the leg rings hang down 2-3" from the frame. The dog should be able to pee and poop while in the wheelchair. I would highly recommend sending me a side and rear view of your dog in the wheelchair for evaluation. It might just be a few simple adjustments. If he is doing the downward dog in the front, that might indicate that he needs front wheels.

Send email pictures to: nancy@hpets.net Please include your order number or last name.